Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hobbit Fever Begins!

Gandalf
I am a total Tolkien geek and have been for 40 years.  You can only imagine how excited I am that Peter Jackson has started production of the Hobbit films (yes, there will be two!)

 The Hobbit is a prequel to the Lord of the Rings.  The story features Frodo's uncle, Bilbo Baggins, his Wizard friend, Gandalf, and the Dragon they encounter, Smaug.  Wow, was I excited to receive a request for a sugar sculpture of Gandalf and Smaug from a parent in Massachusetts planning a Hobbit themed party for her son.  Would I make the sculptures?  You bet!   Would I sleep until they arrived safely?  Not for a minute. 
Here you see some of the packaging of these fragile characters.  Gandalf going for a long nap...

Smaug doesn't want to quiet down for the trip!
Sure hope everyone had a great time at that party; wish I had could have been there to place these friends on a special birthday cake for a lucky young man.
Cheers,
Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment